Monday, March 8, 2010

Cassie's Blog.. Day 1!

The journey to Cherokee began on Sunday around 2:30 when Allie and I pulled out of the Food Lion parking lot in Mooresville NC. Our first priority on the drive was to find a Starbucks since we both doubted that there would be one in Cherokee. The drive to Cherokee was filled with amazing mountain views that Allie and I could not stop gasping at. We arrived in Cherokee around 6 and just talked with everyone the rest of the night.
Monday I began my day by waking up at 6 a.m. and eating a great breakfast in the hotel. I went to Big Cove Head Start which was an amazing school and a great first day experience. There are only two classrooms in this school and I was in a 4-5 year old classroom. The children in this class were incredible.. they did not stop moving the whole day. Children always amaze me with their openness to accept anyone into their lives. As soon as I entered the classroom every child wanted to ask me questions and tell me about their lives. We first ate breakfast and then proceeded to play time where the children were able to choose an area they wanted to play in. I was pulled in every direction by every child to go with them and to play with them. My favorite play area was playing with the legos. Next we went and played on the play ground which consisted of chasing children around and playing catch. I think everyone had a great time today. At the end of the day I was worn out but it was worth every minute. I had a great first day experience and I am looking forward to the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment