Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 3


My second day at Big Cove was a success. I got into their daily routine and felt much more helpful than I felt the first day. The kids remembered me and I played with them again on the playground. I felt bad because I couldn't think of any games to play and they really wanted to play "Duck Duck Goose", which I learned is in the "Hall of Shame", but I played it with them anyway. I was able to quickly see why the game is of no value because the kids were inactive most of the time, until/unless they were picked. Plus, most kids didn't get picked and cried. I felt really bad, oops! No more "Duck Duck Goose"! Other than that mishap though, the day was a success and I really enjoyed working there again.

After Big Cove, we went to the waterfalls again and thanks to Whitney, Cassie, Rachel, and Sarah I braved going all the way down to the bottom, which was unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life before. It made me feel like I accomplished something so huge, which it was for me, but most likely not for others. I am so thankful to all the girls for inspiring me to do that; it's something I'll never forget.

♥Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment