Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rachel's Blog. Day 2.

Today was an even more awesome day than yesterday if that's at all possible. I got to go back to my classroom from yesterday and I didn't know it but the teacher that was there yesterday wasn't the full time teacher (she was the assistant). So today I got to see what it was really like with the full time teacher there and it was a different experience. When I got there I the kids were playing with puzzles and so I helped them figure out where different pieces went. I also got to meet two students that weren't there yesterday so that was cool because I've now gotten to know all but one of the students (who's only been there 3 days of the month. I helped serve breakfast and then I honestly can't remember if we played in centers or if went to recess after that but no matter what that happened before lunchtime/circle time so it may be out of order. If centers were first, (which I think they were) I first hung out with * and ) where we played with the magnet connect toys where we made crazy things I couldn't understand. After that center I mostly hung out in the blocks center with @ who I had a few problems with. @ was not very good at listening but it worked out because after that encounter think the kids thought of me more as a teacher versus just a friend/volunteer. + was a new student that I met today and I got to learn a lot about him in the blocks center as well. After playing in the blocks centers for the rest of the time we all went outside and that was really fun. Now I think centers and recess were reversed, not that that matters. Anyways at recess ) and ! took me by the hand and we played in the castle structure for a bit. After that we had a pretend ice cream stand where we served different types if "ice cream" to other kids that were fascinated by our game. When the swings opened up, the kids took full advantage of them and then I was designated as the "official swing pusher" for those that were swinging. Once we went back inside, either being after centers or recess, we got ready for lunch all the while preparing for !'s birthday where parent after parent kept bringing in junk food! After lunch, I helped the teacher's assistant serve out party food which I can say by the way is not helping my weight watchers diet. Anyways, the kids had nap time after the party and then I read Curley for approximately the first 15 minutes. The other hour and 45 minutes I helped my teacher figure out how to get connected to wireless internet and also figure out google. I then helped her connect her computer to her printer where she was thrilled to find out she could actually print things out! It was about the time I was finished with all of these computer tasks that the kids had to wake up and have snack. This included the remaining cupcakes which turned the kids tongues blue, yellow, pink, and purple. After this, it was time for ) to go to wrap around and me to meet back with our group. I definitely felt like today was cooler because the kids remembered my name and I learned more about the class after talking with the primary teacher. I'm excited to work with this class for the rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment