Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sarah T's Day Four

Today was our last full day with the kids. We had 13 kids today, which was almost all the kids enrolled. We had four adults in there for most of the day. The kids were rather hyper. It was raining outside and we couldn't play outside very long. I ran around with the boys to try and get rid of some of their energy, but they ended up wearing me out instead. One boy today, that hasn't been there all week, was soooo adorable!! He could get hyper at times, but he was so small and sweet. Another boy who has been there all week is so sweet. He usually plays nicely and volunteered today to clean up an area that he didn't even play in. Nap time is so difficult, because some kids don't sleep, and they have the lights off and music going. Every day, I about fall asleep sitting up. I've been reading the Curley book during nap time. I am really enjoying the story. I told my teachers about it on Monday, and the kids ask me what I'm reading and why. One girl today asked me about it, and I explained that it was about an Indian boy. She thought that was pretty cool. I can't wait till I go back tomorrow. I can't wait to have my own class. The Dora Reed Children's Center is like a day care, so it has some assessment of the children, but not like in elementary school. That is the part I'm not so interested in dealing with.

This afternoon, Kristy and I got to go on a short scavenger hunt before dinner, looking for and taking pictures of all the bears around Cherokee. It was a lot of fun and relaxing to have our own free time to do whatever we wanted.

This week has been awesome!!! But I am so ready to go home....

No comments:

Post a Comment