Monday, March 8, 2010

Sarah T- Day One

Today I went to Dora Reed Children Center and their Head Start program. I was in a four-five year old classroom. There were nine kids in the classroom. The kids were great. They were so friendly and welcoming. They said hi to me as soon as I walked in. The teachers were really great too. It was an interesting atmosphere. It was kind of sad to see the evidence of the children in the low income families. I think it is awesome that the head start program provides breakfast, lunch and snack for all the children. The teachers had them working in stations. One teacher had them practice writing their names. They were also learning the days of the week and the months of the year. They were practicing working with others, and other topics. I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment