Monday, March 8, 2010

Whitney's Story... Day 1

I left Winston-Salem at around 8:30 after watching my Clemson Tigers suffer a tough loss at Wake Forest. I picked up Sierra in Hickory and we finally made it to Cherokee at around 12:00 a.m. without getting in a wreck on that crazy, windy road. Driving in last night I did not get to see a lot of the scenery, but this morning I realized just how beautiful Cherokee is! Today, I worked at the Dora Reed Child Care Center in a four and five year old classroom. All of the children were so wonderful and sweet! I walked into the classroom and all of the kids just crowded around and wanted to tell me everything about themselves. We painted rainbows, cut out an octopus, read stories, took a nap, played hide-and-seek, rode tricycles, and just had a lot of fun! I am now exhausted after being chased around the playground for an hour and pushing a countless number of children on the swings... It is about time for bed! It was an all around great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment